I was walking along Friedrichstrasse yesterday to meet a friend and found some really cute and cool shops all in a row. If you are in the area I definitely recommend checking out these special stores. I am definitely keeping them in mind when I need Berlin souvenirs, unique gifts and cards, children’s toys, party supplies, etc. It is one of Top 10 Berlin‘s top picks for souvenir shopping in Berlin. The name translates to “the small company” and though it is a small store there are many interesting items inside.
I am a sucker for notebooks because I like writing things down. I bought this notebook to write down all my blogging ideas. I love the luxe shimmer gold fabric cover and the super cute print in black, pink and shiny gold. So girly!
They also have beautiful Berlin postcards. I usually don’t buy postcards unless they are unique like this wooden one, but these Allegro Edition postcards are printed so beautifully with metallic details that make the pictures look almost 3D. So many gorgeous options, it was hard to choose a few. In the end I chose the most iconic symbols of berlin:
- Currywurst is the most typical of Berlin street food. More than 70 Million servings are annually eaten in Berlin.
- Fernsehturm is the TV tower that dominates the Berlin skyline
- Trabis (Trabants) were the most common vehicle in the former GDR. Now Trabi Safaris are a great way to tour Berlin.
- Berliner Dom or Berlin Cathedral is an awe-inspiring structure beside the Museum Island’s Lustgarten.
- Brandenburger Tor is of course the most famous of Berlin’s landmarks.
They are so beautiful, I am finding it hard to send out. Can I just keep them as my Berlin souvenirs?
Must-see Shops Nearby
If you go to this wonderful gem of a shop in Friedrichstrasse, I would also recommend you take the time to visit another novelty shop called Der Fotoladen Mitte. They have beautiful cards, gift wrapping paper, wedding related items and other super cute stuff. I found a notebook that was entirely made of stone. Yes you read that right.. STONE. Meaning, no trees were cut from the production of the notebook. How cool is that?
Friedrichstraße 129, 10117 Berlin
Mon to Fri 10.30 -18.30 Sat 10.30 – 17.30
+49 30 1389 3400
Images without watermark are credited to Die Kleine Gesellschaft.