If you are looking for Spanish, Portuguese, Mexican and other Latin American products, Super Iberico near Kochstrasse is the place to go.
We decided it was a place worth commuting to, even if it’s a bit far from our hood because…
- We were at this fancy event at the Spanish Embassy and they were serving Jamon Iberico. Guess who the supplier was?
- At Greenweek Berlin 2013, we had the most amazing Portuguese eggtarts and just had to find out where to get them. Where else?
Yup. Super Iberico.
On our first visit we went down the wrong entrance and ended up in a basement warehouse with humongous bottles of salsa and other products. We got so excited. TD spoke to the cashier in Spanish and we were told that is area for wholesale purchases and it is called Spanish Quelle. No wonder the sizes were ginormous! We were told to go up to Super Iberico supermarket on the ground floor instead. Haha.
What I like to buy here:
- my favorite frozen ready-to-eat portuguese egg tarts store in your freezer for a perfect easy dessert!
- shrimps for making calamari teenee-tiny and fresh just like in Spain!
- big bags of soft tortilla
- Corn chips
- salsa the salsa sold in regular supermarkets here are too sweet for me
But there is so much more. This video is old, but it can give you an idea of what kind of products they have. It’s in German!
So if you are having a hard time finding Spanish, Portugese and Latin-American products, food and drinks, check out Super Iberico. The prices IMO are quite reasonable. I like that it seems family run and they are quite friendly to customers.
There is also a cafe if you would like to have refreshments before shopping.