So I’m on my last trimester and I’m totally nesting. We’ve been in a whirlwind of purchasin our basic gear (carseats, cribs, strollers, etc) and assembling stuff for the nursery. One of the things that I want to have, because I plan to breastfeed, is a comfortable and serenely decorated breastfeeding corner or nursing nook. My nursery colors are shades of white, very light gray and pale mint green accents. I wanted to go for something neutral and not just the typical blue because it’s practical and saves money in the long run, IF we decide to have another baby in the future and it’s a girl. We can reuse all the stuff! Here’s what’s on my wishlist and inspiration board…
- Soft organizers to hold breastfeeding and pumping necessities.
- Splash-proof easy to clean speakers to play lullabies, classical music or ambient sounds.
- Water carafe for fruit infused ice cold water to rehydrate while nursing.
- Comfy poof to prop my feet up.
- Luxuriously low comfortable lounger that will support my postur through hours of nursing.
- Beautiful sidetable so my entertainment (i.e. kindle or books) and water are easy to reach
- A carpet will prevent my parquet floors from squeaking and waking up the baby.
What do you think? i can so picture having it beside my massive bay windows and built in shelves. Any other decorating tips for a nursing/breastfeeding nook? I’d love to hear it!
Next for me is gathering the breastfeeding supplies that I need. I found these simple to follow articles online: