Hello friends! I just can’t keep it to myself any more. I am currently working on a new look for my blog, together with the amazing Sara from Moonsteam Design. Just to get my thoughts, pegs, mood board and my research together I created a new Pinterst board.
Click on the link below to see it:
I am sure you can guess by now the new colors I am going for. I am really very excited for the new look. I have a very specific vision in mind and I am just so happy that I found Sara, who is not only a graphic designer, but she can help you set up your WordPress and many other tasks in the back-end so if there are any problems she is also in the know. Having a unique child theme is so much better than buying a theme “off the rack” and cheap like I did before with my Elegant Theme. I loved how it looked, but I encountered security, bugs and image loading problems. These are the reason’s why I am redesigning:
- My Elegant Theme called Minimal, had some things I wasn’t so happy with in the backend. Whenever I had a malware problem, Sucuri would tell me it had something to do with this file in my theme, which I could easily have addressed had I understood some tech/code-speak. Elegant Themes has good support I am just not tech savvy enough to address it. Sara is able to answer my questions in a way that I can understand, and her more personalised customer service fits my preference. However I feel like Elegant Themes is a great option (and so cheap!) for those who have the skills to personalise it for themselves.
- Themes are not just important because of how they look, but the back end has to be built well so that you are not susceptible to attack. The higher your hits, the more you will be a target for malware.
- I was frustrated by the layout and the fonts, but I couldn’t change them because I have no knowledge of code.
- I want to streamline my blog and make it easier for readers to navigate and find information because I write about such a wide array of topics and interests.
- Though my previous theme was beautiful, I feel like it no longer reflects me.
- I want a fresh new blog, for a fresh new post!
I knew what I wanted – clean, cool, crisp lines with beautiful fonts, but I didn’t realize that the look I was going for has a name. It is called flat design. How about that?
In the future I will also be placing any useful blogging tools and resources in this Pinterest board. Fellow bloggers feel free to check it out! You never know you mind find something useful.
Thank you Currystrumpet for recommending Sara to me and inspiring me with your own blog revamp awhile back. I also recommended her to my BFF, Mommy T and she did a wonderful job with her blog, epicareerean.com.
Please watch out for the new look. Coming soon hopefully!
KEEP IN TOUCH WITH ME ON