For those who didn’t get to have Turkey last Thanksgiving weekend (like ME!), there is hope for you yet! There is a Thanksgiving themed dinner on November 29, that promises to be spectacular! Details after the jump!
Alila Hotel Jakarta executive chef Tom Drange, along with guest chef and colleague Raj Abat, look forward to rolling out what they promise will be the city’s finest Thanksgiving Day dinner held November 29 at the hotel’s Buzz restaurant.
Drange, a Norwegian national with a stack of international cooking accolades to his credit, will share his kitchen with Abat, a Filipino- born NewYorker who has worked with the likes Jean-GeorgesVongerichten at his famed NewYork City eatery and Pierre Gagnaire of his eponymously named restaurant in Paris.
Corporate chef of Culina Group, Abat leads the kitchens and catering for Bali’s admired Alila Ubud resort and top flight Alila kitchen at Uluwatu villas.“Raj Abat is a sensational and passionate tastemaker in the local cooking scene,” said Drange. “And that’s what it’s about, creating classics for this important calendar day but also pushing tradition with some delightful surprises.”
Buzz restaurant’s busy open kitchen milieu is ideal for Abat and Drange to pull together their genius, from carefully prepared old school favorites like roast turkey with giblet gravy and cranberry to salmon Wellington, juxtaposed with the expected invention these two chef are famous for.“There is an intriguing balance involved preparing aThanksgiving meal especially when you are cooking for a variety of nationalities,” said Abat.
Abat explains timeless and savory tastes are equally recognized with local dishes that he calls “refined” and require the same handed down tradition such as roasted rawon breast and lamb tongseng.“Thanksgiving has always been about introducing guests with secret recipes prepared by chefs who understand that creativity has its place next to traditional cooking methods and ingredients,” said Alila Jakarta general manager Eric Faivre.“We expect a fantastic turnout.”
Thanksgiving Menu Buffet at Buzz
· Salad bar includes: condiments and assorted dressings with infused oils,Thai beef salad, smoked salmon with mixed greens, New York City autumn salad, gado-gado station and Thanksgiving bread selection
· Pumpkin Soup with mint
· Carvery includes: turkey, rawon roasted breast, braised dark meat, cornbread stuffing, giblet gravy and cranberry sauce
· Salmon Wellington with citrus relish and dill lemon sauce
· Sides include: ayam bakar bumbu rujak, lamb tong seng, steamed rice, potato gratin, sweet potato puree, pistachio crumbs, pink peppercorn broccoli, roasted root vegetables with almonds and raisin
· Sweets include: warm red bean and maple torte, dark chocolate and hazelnut cake, assorted mini pastries, petit fours (homemade marshmallow, macaroons, and brownie), selection of fruits and crepe and ice cream station