Today I met up with Ace Bright the super lovely coordinator for the Azkals or Philippine Men’s Football Team. I also met for the first time Ebong, the BlueHairedFan and energetic force behind the Kaholerso (the official booster squad of the Azkals).
TDW and Ace reunited again!
It was fun introducing them to my favorite brunch in Jakarta at Social House. They liked my recommendation, the Social House Eggs Benedict – smoked salmon for Ebong and turkey ham for Ace! YUM-O!
Then after we went around Grand Indonesia for a bit and bought super cool pasalubongs for Ebong’s kids.
I had so much fun and it definitely wasn’t enough time to truly catch up. The Azkals and their fan base have truly grown from the days of the Suzuki Cup wherein I couldn’t find a decent sized image of the team’s players online! So proud and so happy for the Azkals!
SO HERE’S THE EXCITING PART!
1. The U-23 Azkals are coming to Jakarta (super youngins all under the age of 23). Gosh check out the U-23 teams pics here – mild cougar attack anyone?!? LOL!
Here are the schedule of the 5 games for football:
- Game 1: 3 November 2011: Vietnam vs Philippines (4 pm Jakarta time @ SUGBK*)
- Game 2: 7 November 2011: Timor Leste vs Philippines (4 pm Jakarta time @ Lebak Bulus)
- Game 3: 11 November 2011: Philippines vs Laos (4 pm Jakarta time @ Lebak Bulus)
- Game 4: 13 November 2011: Philippines vs Myanmar (4 pm Jakarta time @ Lebak Bulus)
- Game 5: 15 November 2011: Philippines vs Brunei Darussalam (7 pm Jakarta time @ Lebak Bulus)
- Semi-finals: 19 November 2011: If they make it to the top 2 of Team B they move on to the semi-finals vs the top 2 Teams of Team A
- Finals: 21 November 2011: The 2 teams that come out on top move on to the finals, and bottom 2 will play for the 3rd place.
* Stands for Stadion Utama Gelora Bung Karno or the Bung Karno Stadium
You may also wanna check the full scheds at:
2. The Kaholeros are looking for at least 20 Pinoys living in Indonesia to be part of the official booster team of the Azkals!!!
This is YOUR chance to support out team whenever they are in Indonesia (and be part of history!). All you need is your passion for our team and willingness to cheer them on during the Sea Games!
- If you are interested in joining the KAHOLEROS INDONESIA CHAPTER drop Ebong a line at
@BlueHairedFan on Twitter or SMS him at +62812 – 98396070.
- And expect to hear more from me on the Kaholeros in Indonesia!