Azkals update from Azkals heavily armed for Myanmar | The Philippine Star >> News >> Sports.
- Without the punishing sub-zero condition of Mongolia, the Azkals see better days ahead in tropical Yangon.
- They will have Fil-British goalkeeper Neil Etheridge of Fulham back in the fold
- Two new strikers, Fil-Spanish Angel Aldeguer Guirado and Fil-German William Espinosa Guiridon to beef up the crew.
- Fil-British forward Phil Younghusband, however, is a doubtful starter due to a pulled hamstrin
Filipino Spanish Angel Aldeguer Guirado reminds me of Puyol =P He only speaks Spanish right now. Hmmm..wonder how they will communicate. Though he is currently taking English lessons!
Click here to see a pic of William Guiridon. Couldn’t find much info about him
- If Younghusband won’t be around, Araneta said they expect Aldegeur Guirado, a tall striker from the Spanish Division III club Deportivo Ronda, to fill in.
- Araneta also said the team is hopeful that Fil-British Rob Gier and Fil-Dutch midfielder Jason de Jong will come over after missing the Ulan Bator outing.
- The Philippines will be the highest in terms of FIFA ranking among the four teams in Group A of the qualifiers.
- The Azkals (No. 151) play…host Myanmar (162) on March 21 scoreless draw in the AFF Suzuki Cup group stage last year
- Bangladesh (174) on March 23
- Palestine (177) on March 25
- …hoping to emerge in the Top 2 of the group to advance to the AFC Challenge Cup’s tournament proper next year.
- As to Palestine and Bangladesh, Araneta said: “We don’t have an idea about them so we’re working to get scouting reports.”
Read full story on Azkals heavily armed for Myanmar | The Philippine Star >> News >> Sports.
Click here to read more about Angel Aldeguer Guirado.