Whenever I get the chance to go to Manila, I treat myself to Dashing Diva Nail Spa inside Beauty Bar, Rockwell. It is a royal treat for my tips and toes! I loved going there with my friend Kath who was nice enough to let me take photos of her experience. We really enjoyed this pampering session together.
Why I love the going to Dashing Diva
HYGIENIC. They use newly sterilized utensils and slippers every time. They open the sealed pack in front of you at the beginning of your treatment. They scrub your feet using a new pumice pad every time (each one is disposed of after a single use).
QUALITY PRODUCTS. They use high quality, imported materials. no acetone here.
- First your feet and hands are soaked and cleaned in a special dashing diva solution.
- They don’t use Merthiolate – the orange anti-fungal, antiseptic that leaves an orange stain on your fingers. So old school!
- If you have problems like dry nails, brittle nails, etc. they use special Dashing Diva treatments on them free of charge.
- Your cuticles and the skin around your nails are conditioned with Dashing Diva Cuticle Nectar – my all-time favorite nail product because it is über-moisturizing, prevents hang-nails, lessens the need to visit the nail salon to once every 2-3 weeks, instead of weekly.
- The wide variety of Dashing Diva Nail Polish encourages you to try different colours every time.
BEST PRACTICES. They don’t cut your cuticles (unless you request them to). Instead hey use Dashing Diva Cuti-peel and push them with a wooden pusher. A 15 minute massage on the hands/arms and on the feet is included even in their “basic” package!
COMFORT. The seating areas are comfortable relaxing. The pedicure area have built in sinks that are easy to clean and refill.
I love the way they shaped my nails (perfect square with rounded corners) and do the french tip! I like the white polish to be smaller than the actual whites to give the illusion of length and make my hands look finer. (I have short stubby fingers you see.)
NAIL DRYING STATIONS. I love how they are designed in such a beautiful and minimalist way that you wouldn’t even realise there are drying stations until you are led there after your service. The hands are switch it on and off.
HAPPY HOUR. And last but not the least free cosmos/martinis with every treatment during Happy Hour on Thursdays and Fridays 2pm onwards! Their cosmos are GOOOOOOD too! Best way to start the weekend with your girl friends! My friend Kath who is a mixologist, was even impressed that the Dashing Diva ladies knew how to make a good martini. It’s delicious.
Even the very basic Dashing Diva Mani/Pedi surpasses the standard in other salons/nail spas. It is no wonder that Store Specialist Inc. decided to bring this concept to Manila from New York – it really is the ultimate nail spa experience! The basic manicure and pedicure is such good value for money at Php 650!
Things I’ve always wanted to try, but haven’t had the chance to:
- To host an all-girl Dashing Diva Party
- Virtual Nails (I heard it’s way better and less harmful to your nails than acrylics)
Beauty Bar, The Power Plant Mall, Rockwell Center, Makati City
+632 898-2042 to 43