We’ve always wondered about this. TD read somewhere that Pomeranians are not usually good swimmers, but of course I wouldn’t give up on him without letting him try it out! Before DiploDog arrived in Berlin, he had no idea how to go up and down stairs, because he had never been exposed to them. Now he can go up and down one flight of stairs like a pro! So here goes our attempt to teach him how to swim…
- Lure DiploDog to the bathroom with his ball (DiploDog doesn’t like baths)
- Put him in the tub with very little water and let the water fill up slowly so he “acclimates” (See his “Help me” look?)
- Get in the tube in my bathing suit and encourage him to swim with my assistance
- Watch his head tilt higher and higher and his staunch refusal to swim – AND GIVE UP! (This dog is not going to swim!)
- Time to bathe him
- Wrap him up in his blanket then blow dry him!
Maybe it’s his fur weighing him down and his paws being too small to paddle. But hey now we know for sure it’s really not his thing, aye?
Does anyone have a dog who swims? How did he learn to swim? I would love to hear about it!
KEEP IN TOUCH WITH ME ON
FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER / BLOGLOVIN’ / PINTEREST
Leave a Reply