I’ve used this eyeliner since I was in college. I remember visiting Beauty Bar in front of our school and trying all the different products and the excitement I felt when I finally found the best eyeliner ever. This is my secret to the perfect cat eye! More than a decade later, I have yet to find an eyeliner that can do better at the same price range.
Why I love it
- Smudge-proof. Once it dries, I don’t worry about it smudging on my eyelids. If I accidentally rub it, it doesn’t smear. I’ve shared the secret with my relatives and they are so happy that they finally have an eyeliner that will not give them racoon eyes.
- Not water-proof. This is important to me because I hate waterproof eye makeup. It’s hard to remove and I end up needing eye makeup remover which I then need to wipe it off. Bloom eyeliner helps me keep my makeup removal very simple. It can be removed by ordinary facial soap/cleanser and water. This also means that I put less of a strain on the thin skin on my lids because I don’t wipe it with cotton or use strong make up removers. I try to prevent future wrinkles.
- Fine brush tip. I find that this application is best for me because there is barely any pulling on my eyelids, unlike when I use gel liner (which is applied with a brush) or liquid liners with pencil/felt tips. These methods just pull on the eyelids and I prefer as little as possible pulling and pressure when applying eye makeup. Remember the eyelid has very thin skin and it is a wrinkle prone area.
- Does not streak. It comes off in pieces. Yep, it’s not one of those eyeliners that give you racoon eyes while you are trying to remove it. It really is smudge proof. You can peel it if you want to and it comes off in pieces. Same thing when you wash it off.
- Easy to fix. When you make a mistake with Bloom eyeliner, do not panic. Always have cotton buds nearby to push the eyeliner in. You can do this while it is still wet, or you can even do this when it is dry.
- Affordable and Great Value for Money. In Manila Beauty Bar sells it for PHP 650 (around USD 15) and it performed better than more expensive brands.
Do you know of other liquid eyeliners that don’t smudge, aren’t water proof and don’t spread when cleaned with eye makeup cleanser? Please share!
I Recommended It For…
- Creating clean lines and cat-eye look. This is definitely not for those who want the smudged look.
- People who tend to get eyeliner smudged on to the top portion of their eyelids. I find this happens especially to Asians who have eyelids that fold over. If you don’t know what I mean, then count yourself lucky!
- Dip the fine tip brush and wipe of excess liquid against the edge of the bottle mouth.
- Only apply on clean skin.
- Replace every 4-6 months.
- When you have a stye or other eye infection stop using eyeliner until it heals and replace your old eyeliner immediately.
- If it’s not yet time for replacement and you find it a bit dry, add a drop of clean filtered water and shake. The consistency will be like new again.
How to Apply
I don’t really have a specific way of applying my eyeliner. Sometimes I like it very fine but sometimes especially at night I like to make it really thick and dramatic. Sometimes when I make a mistake I just make the line thicker to go over the mistake. Easy-peasy!
For those who aren’t so comfortable with liquid liner yet, you can try the tips in this super simple video.
Once you get used to using the fine tip brush, you can then experiment and try other shapes and sizes that create different looks!
Go crazy! Check out this super dramatic cat-eye look for a big night out. She does it using gel eyeliner, but this can easily be done using Bloom Liquid Eyeliner.
Where to get it
This eyeliner is available in 2 colours:
- Ebony Brown
- Jet Black
I usually use Ebony Brown, but it is quite dark already – almost black even. I feel like black is too strong for my face. But because the colours are so dark I see no problem with using the Jet Black either.
- Bloom Cosmetics Australia Delivers worldwide, but prices are higher, plus delivery. Shipping rates here.
- Beauty Bar Philippines Delivers limited to the Philippines.
- Cosmetics Now Free international delivery. Ships from Australia. My order arrived in Berlin after 5 business days.
So far ordering online via Cosmetics Now is the only way I found to get my Bloom Eyeliner to Berlin at a reasonable cost. Do you know of any store that carries it in Europe or other websites that delivers internationally? Please drop me a line below!
Thanks so much. I hope you enjoyed this #DiploBeauty post!
Leave a Reply