I usually put my hair up in a bun or ponytail, but there are rare occasion, like parties or receptions, that I feel like having my hair down. Before I liked to have it straight and sleek but these days I prefer sexy beach waves. In the Philippines I would usually go to a parlour for this, but in Jakarta I found that because of the language barrier it wasn’t easy to get the results I wanted. I find that salon people can also be a bit harsh with my hair and the products can also irritate my sensitive scalp. Here in Berlin you can expect that it is much more expensive to get this done in a salon, so I am glad I invested in GlamPalm. I bought the GlamPalm GP225 after much research and looking at all my options when I was in Jakarta. It is quite pricey, but when I think of how much I’ve saved by doing my own hair in Jakarta and in Berlin then it is more than worth it. My hair and scalp is happier too. You can see a picture of my Glampalm-ed hair here.
Why I love GlamPalm
- GlamPalm is the easiest hair iron I’ve tried so this is great for someone who is not used to styling their own hair.
- I don’t end up burning my fingers because of the smart design
- It glides smoothly over hair. I was surprised that this is not the case for most of the hair irons I tried.
- Hair never gets caught or pulled. This happens with other brands. My hair kept getting pulled with this Philips hair iron that my hair dresser uses here in Berlin.
- There is no strange smell or burning smell (unlike my previous baby bliss hair iron)
- My hair feels healthy, smooth and shiny after instead of dry, brittle and damaged.
- I have personally experienced and loved the rest of the benefits mentioned in the video below. GlamPalm is such a well designed product that is worth every cent.
Tips When Shopping for a Good Hair Iron
We all have different hair so what works for me might not be the best for you. Here are some shopping tips:
- Make sure to test the hair iron on your own hair before purchasing. See if you it find easy to operate – Is it to small or too big? Does it accidentally burn your hands or your scalp? Does it heat up fast? Does it overheat?
- Check if you smell any burning or weird scent coming from the iron plates or your hair.
- Does your hair feel smooth and healthy after? Or does it feel like it was burnt dry?
- I wouldn’t be comfortable buying it online by checking reviews alone. Make sure to go to a store like Saturn Berlin, Metro Jakarta or other appliance centre where there is a huge selection to try the different brands and models. Once you’ve decided which one is best for you, check if you can get it cheaper online.
How To Create Big Sexy Hair with a Straightening Iron
I learned how to do my own hair by checking out so many youtube videos. So far this is my favourite. It is simple enough for a hairstyling newbie like me. I don’t use a roller for the top portion of my hair though (I can’t be bothered) so what i do for the top bangs is to just use the hair curler to go up and twist it over to the back of my head at the tips. And the result is just the same.
Read this review comparing GlamPalm to other hair iron brands.