I first learned about the Neti Pot or Sinus Bidet from Dr. Oz on Oprah when I was still based in the Philippines. But I’ve never actually seen it until one day I stumbled on it while I was in True Value Powerplant Mall Rockwell.
After all, if it prevents me from taking another sinusitis/allergy medicine then it is well worth it. Taking too much medicine has adverse affects on my liver and my immune system. I first purchased the ff:
- SinuCleanse Neti Pot in clear (so I can see the contents) Php 1,295
- Saline refills (60 packet) Php 595
It’s amazing. I used to take allergy/sinus meds almost every day. Now I rarely do. It’s helped me reduce the allergic rhinitis (sneezing and sniffles every morning). Once I use the sinus bidet, the relief is almost immediate.
Some ask me if it’s not painful or uncomfortable and I say if you use it correctly then it will not hurt at all.
- Start with half the dosage of saline first. Which means use 1/2 saline packet in one pot. Use one pot per nostril. Build up to the recommended dosage of one packet of saline per pot/nostril. Until this day I still use half a packet of saline solution per pot and nostril. I only use an entire satchet per pot/nostril when I am really sick. Most of the time half will do.
- Use water that is your body temperature. If you use water that is more cold or warm than your body temp, it will be uncomfortable.
- And consciously breath through your mouth. If you don’t then you might inhale some water and it will definitely hurt.
It takes some getting used to but after a few tries I definitely got the hang of it! And now it’s my best friend. I bring it everywhere, especially when I travel, because the 24/7 air-conditioning of hotels really irritate and clog my sinus. And you never know when you will get an allergic reaction to anything.
Here’s a video of how to use a Neti Pot / Sinus Bidet:
I’ve wanted to write about the sinus bidet for a long time but never felt comfortable doing so until lately when I saw featured on Cougar Town and Barney using it in How I Met Your Mother. And I felt that it’s time! It’s finally gone mainstream! =P
I’ve recommended it to several people who have all been happy with the results! In fact I just bought some for my siblings! How about you…have you tried the Neti Pot / Sinus bidet? What do you think of it?
The Neti Pot can be found in True Value Powerplant Mall, Makati City or ordered online via SinuCleanse.
I order saline refill packets from SinuCleanse and it arrived after two weeks without any problems. I imagine it would be just as easy to order it from Manila too.
- Click here to check out the products you can order from their website.