Though it’s technically still fall in Berlin, it feels like winter is to me. This week it’s been going below zero and and we’ve been trying to adapt by following some heat saving tips (will post them soon!). One of those tips is to close the doors between rooms to keep hot air from escaping to unheated areas like our hallway.
Because we live in an alt bau some of our doors do not close perfectly. One of those doors is about an inch off the ground so our regular doorstop cannot seem to reach. I had to look for a taller doorstop, and I never would have guessed I would find it in PRIMARK. Isn’t it the cutest door stop ever? Diplo Dog is so intrigued by this pooch. I always catch him sniffing it haha. I bet he is thinking “It looks like a dog, but why doesn’t it move or bark?”
I’ve always loved door stops. I remember giving this super cute cheese & mouse doorstop to the MIL. They are so helpful when you are…
- Bringing in several things into a room and you want to keep the door open.
- Opening windows to let natural ventilation Don’t you just hate it when a slamming door startles the bejeezus out of you?
- To prevent painful accidents or booboos, especially when there are children around.
Other places in Berlinthat I like for doorstops are:
- ROSSMAN Sometimes Ideenwelt has this metallic disc with rubber around the edge. It has a sleek design and works very well without scratching floors or doors (9 €)
- BUTLERS has a cute selection of door stops which change with the seasons. Last summer I got a nautical ball made with cream rope. Chic! (10 €) And I used it to keep the balcony door open.
- STRAUSS, I recently saw, has oversized knitted owl heads in hot pink. Loved it! (13 €)
If you are in Manila or Jakarta you can also try looking for Fred and Friends doorstops which are super clever and cute. How’s this Autumn Leave Doorstop for a fall-themed door stop?
You can try finding quirky door stops in:
- JAKARTA: Aksara Books and Gift Shop
- MANILA: Quirks Novelties and Curiosities
- USA: Click here for the many stores that sell Fred and Friends. You can also order their products on Amazon.
What’s your favorite doorstop? Would love to hear your thoughts on this post!
Castle Road Center, Walther-Schreiber-Platz 1, Berlin
*All images except for the dog doorstop remain the property of their owners.
Leave a Reply