I’ve been wanting to do a series called Diplo Lust List for a while now. After all what fun is life if there is nothing to lust after? I love beautiful design and even though cannot afford everything I lust for, keeping notes on it opens my minds to possibilities and inspires me when I am decorating my flat or DIY-ing. I feel that wanting and being inspired by beautiful design also helps me strive to work harder, save more and be more disciplined and creative financially. I hope this also inspires you! What do you think of this new series? Yay or nay?
It’s no secret I love bling! I love anything in luxe gold and other metallics. They make mundane items feel more special and adds to your pleasure when you enjoy their use. When done right, they can amp up the luxury and level of chic in any space. Does this post motivate you to add a little, or a lot, of bling and sparkle to your home? Do let me know when you finish reading on the comments section below!
- Look for luxe pale matte finishes. None of that cheap looking tacky stuff.
- Layer with other metallics for that interior designed look
- Add metallic texture and sheen to vignettes but don’t over-do it.
- Metallics go well with minimalist, eclectic or industrial chic themes.
- DIY at home using glitter and easy-to-remove wall-decals is an affordable way to bling.
1. CB2’s metallic organizers not only bring order to chaos but add serious eye-candy.
2. Bolia’s beautiful metal and gold enamelled decor bring glamour to any tabletop.
3. Kahla Atalier Couture Collection‘s baroque prints elevate minimalist design to luxurious heights.
5. Just because it’s on the floor, doesn’t mean it can’t benefit from a little bling. This thrifted gold splattered cowhide rug is gorgeous! The owner says she bought from one of those street corner rug guys in LA on Olympic and La Cienega. Here is a pricier version.
6. How gorgeous is this simple DIY copper wire candle holder? Now why didn’t I think of that.
9. These DIY gold vases only need gold plastic/foil, a vase, scissors and tape to make.
10. Take your monochromatic photo wall to another level by adding a framed gold foil prints. You can find even more delicious designs here.
Seeing all these fabulous decorating and interior design ideas on Pinterest really inspires me to be more creative in my home. Home interiors are never really finished because it changes and evolves as we grow and our tastes change. Don’t you agree? I hope this curated list also inspires you to add more bling to your life! What do you think? I’d like to leave you with these lovely and inspiring quotes from some very stylish ladies.
On layering textures, patterns and colors:
Live with what you love and don’t be afraid to mix things up. Try staying within a certain color palette and know that mixing patterns and textures is easier when you balance both small and larger repeat prints.– Event planner Stephanie Bradshaw of The Stylesphere
On how to add sparkle to our everyday:
The best way to sparkle is just to make the most out of each day – drinking champagne when it’s not a special occasion, writing a handwritten thank you note, maintaining a clean and clutter free space (trying to at least), or buying fresh flowers from time to time. It keeps the mundane away!– LA stylist Catherine Sheppard of The Life Styled
How do you add sparkle to your home? I’d love to know. Have a space that you’ve added a little bling to? Send me a picture on email@example.com or post it on my Facebook. I’d love to feature it!
All images are credited to their respective owners/brands. Please click links to view the source.