Did you know that lucite is just a more fabulous name for Acrylic, Acrylic Glass or Plexi Glass? Yup, they are all one and the same. Other names are Polymethylmethacrylate or PMMA, Acrylite, and Perspex.
What’s there to love about acrylic?
- SPACE SAVING. Because it’s transparent, it doesn’t take up visual space and keeps small spaces feel open.
- EXPAT FRIENDLY. Looks like glass but will be easier to move with because it is lighter and less fragile than glass, which means wont need as much padding and take up as much space in your shipment.
- LUXE. Makes any ordinary object – like a stapler – into a piece of art.
DIPLO LUST LIST: Lucite Love
Below are 10 wonderful ways to update your space with lucite. A little lucite goes a long way so don’t go overboard or you will feel like you are living in a glass house. Don’t be afraid to mix them with your existing style and turn traditional into eclectic.
1. Pretty desk accessories makes mundane tasks a pleasure.
2. Book cart that would be perfect for the nursery.
3. Simple desk which would be divine for a simple home office.
4. Love the idea of using tablets with gold clips to hang on the wall to make a pretty cool inspiration board.
5. Clear organizers are the best for accessories so you know where everything is.
6. Cube coffee tables amazing because you can change the look, by changing the contents and even do seasonal decor.
7. Lucite side table for your telephone, directories and guest book.
8. Isn’t this lucite bar cart divine? Practical too because it’s easy to clean and no need to worry about spills.9. I would love to have a lucite telephone like this.
10. Last but not the least a lucite designer art piece called illusion. It has a great story behind it. All Illusion tables are hand made in Germany and all are unique – not a single one is identical to another.
Whether you are an urban nomad expat or have lived in your home your whole life I hope this post has inspired you to update a little corner of your home. Sometimes even little changes like an accessory can make a big difference in how you feel while doing your everyday routines.
featured image via making me // diy desk accessories
all images are credited to their owners (click on images for sources)
I agree with you that little changes like an accessory can make a big difference in a home especially living overseas. I find lucite very you! I can see your home with all these pieces. I do find them attractive and light material definitely makes very appealing for expat living!!
Ah, acrylic – gives me so much joy! It is the only material that I use for makeup storage. Aside from it being pretty, they’re practical too cos you see everything. I have tiers and tiers (I should not say how many, lest my husband finds this comment of mine and finds out how many tubes I actually own! Lol!) of lipstick holders. They’re the perfect ‘home’ for my lipstick babies!
Also – I love that stapler and tape dispenser!