My favorite thing to do on flights is watch movies/tv shows. I used to lug around my heavy laptop but it’s not convenient especially when traveling on budget flights with very little space between seats. These are the gadgets I bring to make my flights enjoyable…
*Note: that I am not the type of person to buy the latest gadgets available. The important thing for me is that the gadget serves the purpose that I need it for and that it’s of good quality. I prefer to buy something that might be more expensive but will last longer – since as I said I don’t really change things often.
1. iPhone – I am not yet ready to buy the iPad… I usually wait until a gadget’s price goes down and it is very powerful with all the features I like already before I buy it. I have patience and I can wait for years! Hubby bought me the iPhone when I felt it had most of the features I was looking for already. It’s definitely more handy than a laptop!
2. Philips Tapster wireless headphones
- I love it when I find “wireless” stuff because wireless just add to clutter. And when traveling earphone wires also limit your movement and get caught in all sorts of things. This is perfect because it can stay in your bag/pocket the whole time – no string attached to you!
(image: Proud Magazine)
- The best thing about the Tapster is it’s touch control. You don’t need to reach into your bag to forward to the next song, pause or increase the volume. Nor do you need to touch your iPhone, Blackberry, laptop or mobile phone. All you need to do is tap with you finger hence the name TAPster.
- I also love that it fits snugly into your ear and you don’t hear much of the noise around you in the plane (i.e. engine, babies crying, etc.). It’s somewhat similar to noise reduction earphones.
- It has a built in mic and can shift from listening to music to taking calls on your mobile device (when you’re off the plane of course).
- When not in use, it has a really neat case. By the way I love that the Tapster has such a sleek look too.
3. Joby Gorillamobile – I got tired of holding my iPhone on the plane. This makes it so convenient because it can stand on the tray table or even wrap around your leg and any other thing you decide to wrap it around. The best part is that the legs are so flexible and rubberized around each joint so it has a stable grip and you can adjust it.
At first I bought a cheap iPhone stand but they’re not built to last. And for something that’s supposed to support an expensive gadget, I feel it’s better to be safe than sorry by using quality accessories.(Click here for stands for iPad and iPhone 4)
The suction cup that I use to attach this to my gadget is really soft and easy to damage. Which is why I keep it in the same container as my Philips Tapster (above) to prevent any damage to the suction cup.
(image: Picture Correct)
I purchased the Philips Tapster from AstroVision Shangri-la Mall, Mandaluyong, Manila Philippines. Joby GorillaMobile can be found in Market Market in Taguig or Park Square, Makati for Php 1500 or about 30 USD. (Original price pre-haggling is Ph 1,850).
These 3 things combined make for great entertainment I am traveling! What are you favorite entertainment gadgets when traveling and why?