We’ve been doing this recipe for about 10 years now. It’s still the BEST CHICKEN tenders recipe we have for parties or guest because it’s a hit with adults and kids alike. It’s equally great with pasta or hot white rice!
The secret is really the amazing garlic butter sauce!
This recipe is adapted from the most affordable series called Periplus Mini Cookbook called Fast Chicken. In fact it’s where most of our favorite chicken recipes come from because the recipes are super easy and totally yummy! I highly recommend it if you see it in any bookstore! Grab it quick!
- 4 chicken breasts or the equivalent in chicken tenders
- Flour for dusting
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup or 50g freshly grated permesan cheese (get the best you can afford, it makes a difference)
- Cooking oil
- Paper towels to drain the oil
- 50g butter
- 4 crushed then finely minced cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut chicken breast fillets into strips
- Dust with flour & shake off excess
- Whisk eggs till fluffy
- In another bowl, combine breadcrumbs & grated parmesan
- Dip chicken strips one at a time into the egg, then roll in the breadcrumbs to coat.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan. Oil must be hot so that the chicken isn’t oily, but not too hot that it burns.
- Cook chicken in batches over moderate heat for 1-2 mins each side or until cooked through/golden
- Drain on paper towels & keep warm
GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE
- Melt butter in a small pan
- Add garlic & cook for 2-3 mins or until fragrant. Do not burn.
- Add parsley
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Serve in a separate bowl so that people can spoon it over their chicken right before eating to keep the chicken crispy.
Ready to eat in 20mins after mise en place. Serves 4 people. Multiply as needed for parties.
If you try this recipe, please do share with me pictures and what you think! Tag me on Instagram or Facebook coz I would love to see it!
Don’t forget to pin this must have recipe on Pinterest!
Leave a Reply