France is a beautiful country with a lot of culinary wonders, divine designs & interesting culture. I hope to update this page with more of our travels!
France’s Capital of Gastronomie is definitely a must for foodies. Our first visit for the Festival of Lights we didn’t book any reservations in the well-rated restaurants so we couldn’t get a table. That’s why we went back just to food trip lol!
Driving there for the Festival of Lights December 2021
- Driving to & from Lyon snowstorm vs clear weather Dec 10
- Lyon Centre Château Perrache hotel review of the privilege hotel room & amenities
- Château Perrache bar & breakfast review our dinner at the bar & the breakfast buffet
- Le Grand Réfectoire Michelin listed resto in Grand Hôtel-Dieu a grand historical complex
- Grand Hôtel-Dieu surprise ballet performance & Christmas market in historical hospital structure
- Festival of Lights Dec 11 8:30pm
- Five Guys our first time eating in this fastfood joint
- Going around Lyon See the Bartholdi Fountain, Roman Amphitheater & Montée de la Grande-Côte
- Brasserie Georges Serving fine food & beer for almost 200 years!
Taking the train to Food Trip
- Taking the train to & from Lyon & getting around
- Lyon Centre Château Perrache hotel why we had to change one of our rooms
- LYON BITES: L’Institut Restaurant
- Place Bellecour the best view is from the Ferris wheel
- Shopping in Lyon King Jouet for kids & Zara Home for mamas
- Saku Restaurant a Bib Gourmand Japanese resto that’s worth the detour
- Parc de la Tête d’Or fun for the whole family including pets
- Sometimes you just want casual Indian & Pizza
- Brasserie Georges this time we had to line up & stay at the bar
Divonne les Bains
Divonne is literally 5mins from us, so we do a lot of our grocery & bread shopping there.
- Aux des Armes bakeshop