I am ecstatic!!! Wooooohoooooo! Yesterday I set up my new blog but I touched something I shouldn’t have. Ooops!
Encountered many other issues that I did not know how to fix (I had to install this baby THREE FRIKKIN TIMES). I wish I knew how to do websites already. Yes I am a geek but just not of the techie kind. (I wish!)
Anyone know where I can find an affordable, english speaking web developer here in Jakarta?
So after tinkering around my lappy (laptop) the entire day…
- day: trying to figure out why my site was down on my own. FAIL.
- evening: finally got a call from Don my brilliant Customer Service Guy or Geek on Demand c/o Networksolutions.com who patiently spent over 40 painstaking mins walking me through setting my site up again and fixing my enumerable problems. (I love you man!)
- 8:50 pm: got a tweet back from Ed Merrit himself on where I could find my beloved Ocean Mist theme (Isn’t it just divine? And no more orange colored theme!! Woohoo!)
- 9:50 pm: Both my site and theme is up!!! (I somehow figured it! THIS is why I ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ WORDPRESS!!!)
- Typepad – Too difficult. I am a techy idiot remember?
- Blogger – It was hard to manipulate and the layout looks too messy for me. Limited themes and layout options.
- iWeb – Hard if your mobile & have different computers. I would have had to learn about Search Engine Optimization & meta-tags pa! No can do! =( Too bad it built a beautiful blog and super easy to layout!
- Tumbler – still have this for bite sized DiploWife updates. Click here to check it out!
Then there was WordPress…which even the most un-savvy (web)creatures like me can produce a good-looking site, with SEO. It’s “crazy easy to use!” It was also important to me that my site didn’t look like many of the blogs out there… preferably lookin’ Web2.0-ish! I also hate those cluttered ads in blogspot!!! So hopefully that doesn’t happen with this one!
More trials and tribulations coming for sure…so wish me luck and thanks for your continued support! I’ll be moving the contents of the old blog to this one soon! (Shout out to Novakistan for lending me a hand!)
The best way to keep yourself up to date with my blog is to do one (or some) of the ff:
- Change your bookmarks or the links to your blog roll
- Subscribe via the RSS feed (top right orange button)
- Press the Bloglovin’ icon on the right side of this page (To Follow)
- Subscribe via WordPress if you’re cool & have a WordPress account
Welcome to my new site and feel free to drop me a line just to say hi! =)