UPDATE: Aling Puring passed away in 2020 at the age of 88. Her business is continued by her daughters SUSAN & MALOU.
I usually hold estate sales for my clients who are moving, but when there is absolutely no more time to sell their stuff, I recommend Aling Puring, The Clutter Diva. Aling Puring is the most convenient option for people who do not have time to contact different organizations & want to get a little money for their decluttered items.
I love recommending this small business!
She would come to the home with an L300 van, her staff and would usually offer a fair price for someone’s clutter. You will get a higher price if you sell your items individually, but this is convenient because they collect EVERYTHING:
- usable/old/broken furniture & kitchenwares
- usable/old/broken appliances & electronics
- working & non working airconditioners
- books, magazines, papers, directories
- junk and other recyclables
You may donate CLOTHES to them, but they will not pay for it. It’s just for donation because they can no longer sell clothes even if it’s new/unused/branded.
Aling Puring was very sweet and would bring a little gift to each home that she visited. Sometimes it would be some bananas or kakani. She never came empty handed so not only did you have some cash for your clutter, but you also had a sweet little token.
Sadly, she passed away a few months ago at 88 years old. Her eldest daughter, Susan Dy & Malou Dy Herrera, continues her legacy. For proper scheduling text:
SUSAN DY +63919-4610747
MALOU DY-HERRERA at +63917-8904799 (globe) or +63998-9700711 (smart)
The following info so they can schedule a pick up:
- Your complete name
- Contact numbers
They will usually try to schedule visits to the same area together to make efficient use of their time and transport. If you don’t have enough stuff, they will usually refuse because it’s not worth the trip for them. This is usually for big hauls.
Please note that they are located in Tondo and NOT all areas covered in Metro Manila and they do not cover provincial areas.
They do not accept things being brought to them, to avoid being brought stolen goods. Makes so much sense!
MY TIPS FOR PREPARING FOR THEIR VISIT
Once a schedule is arranged, make sure to prepare everything so that everything is visible and easily accessible for their team.
- Arrange and organized your things according to category in one location so Susan can see everything.
- Place things in paper bags or boxes so that her staff can easily carry them away.
- Prepare any necessary pick up permits for your building administration
- Inform your building/village that you are expecting an L300 Van and the plate number.
- If you live in a condo, I recommend giving them a temporary parking space for convenient removal.
- If they are unable to pick up everything in one visit, agree to the price of the items they are picking up on the same day. No advance payment for anything to avoid confusion. This is something we learned through experience.
BEWARE OF IMPOSTORS
On their page they warn people to beware of imposters claiming to be siblings of Aling Puring.
I can totally understand this because decluttering is a very personal thing. You let someone into your home and they see what you own. With times being hard we need to be careful and make sure that we only let in people whom we trust.
I first learned of Aling Puring by reading these articles on her. That’s why I knew she was legit.
She was also featured on GMA News below. It’s in Tagalog.
Susan Dy 0919-4610747
Malou Dy-Herrera 0917-8904799 / 0998-9700711
You may also DM them on their Facebook Page
*BEWARE of IMPOSTORS claiming siblings of Aling Puring
All images borrowed from Aling Puring’s Facebook Page