One of the things that people are more conscious about it bringing reusable bottles to avoid single use plastic containers.
The problem with this is that now we have so many reusable bottles and it’s piling up. So what’s the first step?
1. DECLUTTER POSSIBLY TOXIC WATER BOTTLES
I only recommend keeping water bottles that are made of stainless steel or glass. Plastic water bottles, even BPA ones are not necessarily safe.
They say it’s BPA free but it’s more likely that they are using newer untested plastic that may still be leeching toxic stuff to your drinks. So I personally go with stainless steel bodies, just because it’s lower maintenance than glass.
My favorite water bottle is from KUJAKU.
- It has minimal plastic and silicone parts that aren’t marinating in my drink.
- You can also take apart the whole thing, including the cover so molds cannot hide anywhere.
- It’s one-touch open, so you can use it with one hand. Very important when you are driving or a busy mama like me.
- It has a slimmer profile than most water bottles so it’s easy to grip and cary.
- The double walled bottle, keeps the water cold for up to 24 hrs and hot up to 12hrs.
It’s important to know that once a plastic container is scratched, discolored, has a smell… it’s time to let go, because it’s possibly leaching toxic chemicals into your food or drink.
I get so sad because it’s such a waste of money to keep replacing plastic. And it also stays forever in our world. Not all plastic is even recyclable or recycled.
2. STORE SO YOU CAN SEE ALL YOUR WATER BOTTLES
One of the cornerstones of the #KonMariMethod is storing things so you can see everything. This really works because this means you use everything you have and don’t forget anything!
If you have few water bottles, it’s easy to just line them up on the shelves. but if you have A LOT, then maybe it’s time to buy something that allows you to see everything, like these bottle organizers from MakeRoom below.
MAKEROOM UpSpace Bottle Organizer
L 19.05cm x W 28.9cm x H 18.7cm
L 19.05cm x W 29.2cm x H 22.3cm
Leave a Reply