I’ve had several requests for where TD and I order our lechon in Jakarta so I think it deserves a post of it’s own. In Jakarta lechon (roast suckling pig) is called Babi Guling La Filipina. Contact number of where you can order it from after the jump!
This is the only photo I have of the lechon without most of it eaten away. I think it’s just my natural instinct to dive in with a fork and knife every time I see a lechon. LOL!
Babi Guling La Filipina
- Sorry I don’t know the name of the place, all I know is it’s a place in North Jakarta (where a lot of Chinese Indonesians who eat pork live)
- +62 818 065 48852
- Priced per Kilogram
- They deliver with charge.
- Ask for Babi Guling La Filipina
- Also available are the Balinese Babi Guling and Hong-Kong versions.
- Always make sure to ask them not to over-do it so that the skin is not burnt.
Pinoys (Filipinos) love to order lechon during parties and special celebrations. Click on the links below to see photos of times that we have enjoyed this Filipino delicacy:
- Pre-Christmas Eve Party 2010 – oops no photo of the lechon there but we did have lechon for this dinner
- Our first official party hosting: Christmas Eve 2010
- VALENTINES ❤ Potluck and Lechon Party with Friends
- DIPLO DINING ♨ Post-birthday Foodie Get-together