Tax free shopping is different in each of the stores we went to. The most important thing is to BRING YOUR PASSPORT WHENEVER YOU SHOP. Here are some that I noted:
EL CORTE INGLES
- Apply for the TOURIST SHOPPING CARD to get a 10% discount on beauty & fashion. It doesn’t apply to some departments, but still 10% less + 10-13% Global Blue is great in the departments it applies to
- Collect all receipts within 5 days & bring it to their tax free counter
- Pay in the counter & let them know you’ll be doing GLOBAL BLUE
- Go to the self-service kiosk beside to scan your receipt & passport.
- Put the same card you paid with into the machine.
- To get your money back you need to follow the next steps at the Airport
- Always pay by card & use the same card to get your tax back. It’s much less hassle than cash.
- While paying, present your passport and let them know you will be availing of tax-free shopping
- They honestly take a long time & it has to be a specific person to do it.
- So I would only do tax-free in Salvador Bachiller if I was expecting a good amount back.
I hope you find the short information here useful. I’ll be adding to it as I go along.
Leave a Reply