We got our flat unfurnished so we could invest in good old teakwood furniture (which is something Indonesia is known for). Another word for “old” is “recycled.” Basically meaning, they salvage pieces from old houses or furniture. Since new wood has a tendency to crack, then we wanted old wood, because years of proper drying out makes it less likely to warp/crack. That’s just my train of thought.
Coming up with more custom-made modern furniture with Danni to fill up our home. I love having stuff made by Danni because:
- Great english! He’s easy to talk to and he gets me (trust me I’ve talked to many others and there is always a disconnect because of the language barrier).
- Great customer-service. Very accommodating. We decided the legs of the chair were too high after a week, and he came back with his men to cut them to size for free. And if anything happens to the wood, he can come over and fix it without charge.
- Communicating via email. He usually sends me a scaled drawing of the furniture so I can see every detail & approve before making it into a 3D, and making it. He can even send a drawing of how it will look like in the room with other furniture. =)
- Communicating via BBM (Blackberry Messenger) is free and makes it so easy to transmit questions, clarifications & decisions.
Thanks to G for recommending him to us!
*UPDATE: Click here to check out how I totally conquered those pesky wires!
Furniture by DANNI ROESTAM
- Mobile 0818863326
- Showroom: Jalan Ir. H. Juanda no 86, Situgintung, Ciputat 15419, Tangerang, Indonesia