…To quote the commentator in last nights football friendly match against the defending champs (AND host country) Vietnam. TD and I were able to watch the amazing game via live internet streaming and we were ecstatic and amazed at the first goal, then just jumped for joy in our study room when the 2nd goal was made.
Congratulations Philippine Team!
They are currently top of Group B (composed of Myanmar, the defending champions Vietnam and the three-time champs Singapore) To emphasize what an amazing victory this was let me quote some of the news articles/posts about it:
The Philippines had to qualify to compete in this tournament, then played favorite Singapore to a draw, 1-1, before defeating powerhouse Vietnam before a home crowd. The hosts had demolished Myanmar, 7-1, in its previous match.
(image: routers / daylife.com)
And in celebration of last night’s victory I am doing a post on Football hotties – Philippine edition tomorrow! Stay tuned!
- Click here to read about the game versus Singapore, who is the favorite for this Suzuki Cup and was ranked at No. 127 in the latest FIFA world rankings. The Filipinos are at No. 152.
- More on the Azkals/Suzuki Cup related experiences here in Jakarta:
- Pics of our lunch with the Azkals
- The frustrating experience of getting tickets for the games
- Highlights of the 2nd Game Philippines vs. Indonesia
- Watched the football game live! 1st leg Philippines vs. Indonesia – Suzuki Cup
- Highlights of 1st Game Philippines vs. Indonesia
- Philippines’ “Home” game to be played in Indonesia – Suzuki Cup