I wrote below based on this article, Hard to find items in Germany, but the truth is everything I needed we could find in Berlin, many times much cheaper than it would be Jakarta or Manila. We can buy any of these things in Rossman, DM, Amazon.de, TK Maxx for a fraction of the price. Electronics organic clothes & personal care is so affordable in Germany.
Things I need to buy before going:
For the home
- Measuring cups
- Pie pans
- Water purifiers for faucets
- Temporary mattreses
- Clothes – Good quality clothes cost a fortune, and sometimes some fuzzy Old Navy pjs just really hit the spot.
- Lotions and soaps – The brands are mostly different of course. Sadly, so are the prices – by a lot.
- Yankee candles
- Favorite makeup and cosmetics
- Preferred pain relievers – They’re 10-100 times more expensive in Germany. Talk about a pain!
- Preferred brand of toothpaste
- Baby stuff – planning to get pregnant when we get there, unisex basics
- Craft supplies – pretty papers, punches, glitter, and stamps
- Electronics for the guys
- Movies & music
- Ink for our EPSON Printer *I should check first if EPSON is present in Berlin
- Pictures from back in the day
- Frames for those pictures in #8
And for future visitors, we wouldn’t mind some of these gifts
- Salsa and chips
- Mustard and mayo
- Peanut butter cups
Things we plan to sell before leaving for post:
- Elliptical exercise machine
- Bottom loading water dispenser
- Mini ref
- Humidifier/air purifier – we took it with us & used it.
- Washer/Dryer – we took it to Germany and used it coz the Herz & Voltage is the same
- Capiz standing lamp
- Coffee table
- Philips faucet purifier