My childhood bestie, J is going to visit Berlin coming from Canada so I’m doing this quick Berlin guide so they have options of where to dine and what to do while they are there. I’m sooo excited and wish I could be there with him!
It’s lot but you don’t have to read everything. I just want you to have some useful info that you can look into if you ever have questions.
BERLIN GOOD TO KNOW
- Tips for taking public transport and getting around Berlin this post might be a little old, but I think it’s still helpful
- Survival German that will warm locals to you
- What people usually spend on
- What’s open on Sundays?
- Markthalle 9 Food market – How it looks during the day but it’s even cooler during Street Food Thursdays from 5-10pm
- Wander around HackerscherMarkt – location
- Go to museums at Museum Insel or do a boat tour (where to board)
- Berlin UnderWorld Flak Tower – location
- FREE Alternative Berlin Tour (website)
- WinderfeldtPlatz Markt for Wednesdays & Saturdays brunch at the farmers market and area around it
- If you go to WinterfeldtPlatz, you mustn’t mess Winterfeldt Schokoladen
- Neni Berlin a really cool place to dine near you with a view of the zoo. Reservations are a must.
- Fresh Sushi at Ishin Tey. They have different locations
- Eat in complete darkness at the Dunkel Restaurant
- Brunch at Manzini, a Berlin institution
- Crispy pata at Lindenbrau a brewery in PotsdamerPlatz
- Our favorite truffle pasta at Trattoria Gusto
- Hole in the wall Korean BBQ at Arirang
- Cool Vietnamese resto District Mot