I am reposting this list that I found a while back. It’s the 25 THINGS TO DO IN THE PHILIPPINES from INQUIRER.net. Most of my life before I met TD was spent traveling the Philippines with my family, yet there is still so much of the 7000+ islands that I haven’t explored. There is so much to do in the Philippines. I’ve done 12 out of the 25. In less than 2 years, we will be back in Manila for a home-posting and I hope to conquere those 13 other activities! Something I look forward to doing.
Pictured above is me in my younger days when we would go to Boracay regularly to party the night away by the beach!
UPDATE: It’s 2021 and this is what I’ve cancelled out so far in my 39 years of life:
Go white water rafting in Cagayan de Oro.
2. Visit Batanes.
See Mt. Mayon up close.
4. Swim with the whale sharks in Donsol.
5. Climb Mt. Pulag and be awed by its sea of clouds.
6. Dive, swim and
explore Palawan’s underground river.
7. Hike and let the view of Mt. Pinatubo crater take your breath away.
Party in your bikini in Boracay.
Surf’s up! Choose your wave—La Union, Zambales or Real, Quezon.
10. Missed out on the pristine beauty of Boracay 15 years ago? Visit Malapascua, Cebu.
Dive and see the rich marine life of Anilao, Batangas.
Travel back in time—go to Vigan.
Let Bohol wow you with its many offerings—the Chocolate Hills, the tarsier, the Loboc River Cruise, old churches and the beach.
14. Go high! Drive to the Mountain Province of Sagada. Check out the caves, the hanging coffins and enjoy the laidback lifestyle.
Grab a Viaje del Sol map, visit Ugu Binyan’s pottery studio, eat at Kusina Salud and unwind at Casa San Pablo.
16. Spend an entire week up north. Take a road trip from Manila to V
igan, Ilocos, Cagayan Valley, Aparri and Isabela!
17. Try wakeboarding in Camsur.
Check out Malate, Old Manila and all their secret spots.
There are many reasons to love Davao. Kublai’s artworks, its proximity to the beach, the tasty pastil and juicy suha. And did I mention that it’s a smoke-free city?
20. Spend a weekend roughing it in Anawangin and Capones in Zambales.
21. Check out our colorful fiestas and document them with your camera. Ati-atihan, Dinagyang, Masskara, Sinulog, Higantes, Panagbenga and more.
Pick your own strawberries at the Strawberry Fields in La Trinidad, Benguet.
Go to Pampanga for sisig.
If it’s too hot in Manila, grab a few friends and take a quick trip to Tagaytay.
25. Enjoy a food trip in Iloilo. You’ll never go hungry in this city.
I leave you with a screenshot of this post by Heading Asia:
The video that made him want to visit the Philippines: