My husband and I love Ismaya Restaurants so we were excited to find out about the soft opening of FOOK YEW Restaurant in Gandaria City Mall. Ismaya Group Restaurants are consistent: the food is good, the ambiance is amazing, there is bound to be english speaking staff and the interiors are always quirky and witty (LOVE the funny Chinese fortune cookie-style “wisdom” on the walls!). Pictures of my Fook Yew dinner with TD on their 3 day of operations.
I started off with some alcoholic bubble tea. Bubble tea is quite popular now, but the alcoholic version is a novelty for me. I just had to try it. (The menu was particularly enticing too!) Their recommended flavor is the dancing pig, which is cranberry juice, creme de cassis, fresh lemon juice, Absolut Vodka with tapioca balls and aloe vera. It’s SO yummy! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
- Xiao Long Bao (IDR 19.000) in different flavors. It was good but not as amazing and melt in your mouth as my favorite chicken Xia Long Bao in Jakarta, Crystal Jade). I’ll probably try something else next time.
- Garlic Sheng Jian Bao (IDR 27.000), a bun topped with toasted sesame seeds. It came last despite being an appetizer, but it was worth the wait. I liked dipping it in a little soy sauce before biting in. But make sure to have a spoon under when you bite into it and be careful because it has some soup inside it which can burn your tongue.
- Fook Yew Fried rice. Yummy salted egg fried rice. Sinful but worth the calories!
- HongKong Seafood Noodles. This was amazing. I wanna order this again. My mouth is watering again. =P Don’t you just love the chines take out box it’s served in?
- Soft-shell crab with sweety chili sauce. Will definitely order this again!
I highly recommend this restaurant for some yummy Chinese food. Price is average, not super cheap, but not so expensive either. Have you been to Fook Yew? What dishes did you like? Drop me a line!
KEEP IN TOUCH WITH ME ON
- Gandaria City Mainstreet GF, Unit MG25., Jl. Sultan Iskandar Muda 5 No. 8., Jakarta Selatan-12240
- (021) 29007897
- Like on Facebook
- Click on the picture below to see the complete menu: