I’ve been hearing the current craze in Manila are milk teas. It reminds me of the Quickly Taro trend in college! Manila is so over the frozen yogurt (“SO 3 years ago!” according to tea lover Cory) so I just had to check it out after our dinner at Cafe Juanita nearby.So here’s how it goes…
1) Line up and order your tea… (It’s quite intimidating for a first timer so I’m glad I was with an expert, Cor)
- Kind of tea: So many kinds to choose from! Freshly Brewed, FruitTea, TeaLattes MilkTeas, YakultTea,etc. I followed Cor’s advice and got the Okinawa (brown sugar flavor) which for her is “the best!” Since she has Serenitea everyday, I believed her. =P
- Hot or cold? Cold!
- Sweetness levels: 100% full sugar, 75% less sugar, 50% half sugar, 25% mild sugar or 0% healthy only 50% for me!
- Sinkers: Pearls, Crystals, Lime Jelly, Red Bean, Black Bricks and Egg pudding (sinkers will cost Php 15 – 20 each) I didn’t get any.
2) You will be given this round disk that will light up and shake when your tea is ready. Cool!
3) Hang-out and take pics with friends while waiting. Isn’t Jenn’s necklace super cute?!?
4) While the Serenitea people prepare your tea-treat!
5) when the black disk thingee starts lighting up and shakin’ it’s time to fetch your drink!
6) Jenn and I love the Christmas themed cup covers – aren’t they the cutest?!?
Enjoy your tea! I’m super happy I took Cors advice. That Okinawa Milk Tea is so yummy and 50% sugar level was perfect – not too sweet and I can still taste the tea!
Serenitea also serves light snacks like Chicken Chops and Peppered Sweet Corn. I really must try those next time!
LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH ON FACEBOOK / TWITTER / BLOGLO
- We went to the one in Burgos Circle, The Fort in Taguig City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Click here for more locations
- According to my research, they deliver with a minimum order of Php 200
I love Serenitea. The peppered sweet corn is really good. speaking of, I think I’ll get myself some tonight 🙂
Hahaha you are just making me jealous Kar! =P
Happy lemon next!
Yyyyyeeeessss please! =D
i love milk tea!!! pero you need to try HUNGRY COW home of cake shakes, i dropped by IL terrazzo mall tomas morato yesterday, bgo sya soft opening,, super sarap ng tiramisu shake nila grabeeeeee 80 lng sya super sarap tpos my nachos tacos din sila…. love ko tlga promise try mo!
Tiramisu shake sounds so yummy and sinful! And that is an awesome deal at 80 pesos! It’s a dessert and drink in one! Thanks so much for the info and dropping a comment markyJ! =)
I’m a milk tea lover, and one of my favorite milk tea is from tea monkey.