What better way to start the Martini lineup than Lobo’s legendary Irish Wake Up Call? Made with whisky, Bailey’s, Tia Maria and espresso.
It was chocolaty and creamy but tasted bittersweet, like some of my fondest memories.
– Sylviana Hamdani, Jakarta Globe
We finally tried the infamous Sunday Martini Brunch in Lobo Restaurant at The Ritz during their first year anniversary celebration. This is definitely not your regular Sunday brunch with Sloppy Joes and ham. It’s a sophisticated Sunday treat for adults with nary a child in sight, lovely music in the background and free-flowing martinis and wine.
What makes this buffet different is that appetizers and desserts are on buffet, while the main course is ordered a la carte. You can choose from US prime sirloin, US scallops, pasta, seafood and breakfast dishes created by Lobo Chef Mariano Liuzza (who was one of the chefs at the Italian vs Pastry cooking class where I learned to cook that divine Mushroom & Cream Sauce pasta). There are many options to choose from like Grilled Rib Eye with Garlic Mash Potato, Veal Scaloppini with Sautéed Vegetables, Penne Gorgonzola with Rocket Salad and Chilean Seabass with Coleslaw. All the guys in our table picked the Rib Eye and all the women picked the Chilean Seabass.
They have 21 signature martinis so you can imagine there were so many others I wanted to try. But by 3pm I was definitely tipsy already! Other martinis I wanna try next time:
- Daisy Buchanon (gin, English tea, mint, peach and vanilla)
- White Chocotini
- Dark Choco Tini
- Blackberry Martini (chocolate based)
- El Presidente (brandy, orange Curacao and lime)
- Perfect Martini – a mix of Classic Dry Martini (gin and dry vermouth) and Sweet Martini (gin and sweet vermouth)
So many martinis, so little time!
Sunday Martini Brunch – Lobo Restaurant
- Sundays, 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Rp. 398,000++/person, including free flow of juices, iced tea and soft drinks
- Rp. 498,000++/person, including free flow of martinis, sparkling wine, house pouring red or white wine
- The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Jl. Lingkar Mega Kuningan Kav. E.1.1 no. 1, Mega Kuningan, Jakarta.
- Tel. 021 2551 8862
- Lobo is Open daily from 9 a.m. to 1 a.m.