A specialty store on all things olive. Here you will find products using different parts of the olive tree from food and beauty to kitchen products. I absolutely loved this store and could have stayed for ages!
Oil or fat gets a bad rep because of the outdated believe that fat makes us fat. In reality there are good and bad fats. Olive oil is one of the good guys and I love using olive oil in our food AND in my beauty products.
Olive oil, which is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids, is a major component of the Mediterranean diet. Populations from that region have longer life expectancies and lower risks of heart disease, high blood pressure and stroke, compared with North Americans and Northern Europeans.– Medical News Today
You can find not just olive oil, but also skincare products made with olive oil and kitchen accessories made from olive wood.
- Olive tree wood is very hard. It is used to make furniture or items for everyday use.
- The leaves of the tree have some medical uses. It is said that the leaves have a calming effect. They are good for people going to sleep. They are also good for the immune system and to bring down high levels of cholesterol.
I loved all the bottles and serving ware for olives and olive oil.
Servingware for bread and staples served with olives can also be found.
These were my favorite picks from La Bottega Dell’Olio:
- Bread warmers. Heat and place inside your breadbasket to keep bread warm.
- Washable paper bags. Use them to hold bread, fruits, plant pots and just about anything else you can think of!
- Soap dishes with carvings to keep soap from being immersed in water.
- Cute spouts for oil and vinegar dispensers with wooden olive tops.