The highlight of our trip to Ubud and stay in Gaya Fusion was Gaya Gelato. This place has to have the best Gelato I’ve ever tasted. I’m not really and ice cream or gelato person, but this is exceptional. Artisinal gelato made by italian couple Massimo and Colette who closed up their gelateria in Italy and brought their passion for gelato to Bali. The photos after the jump will make you drool!
Our Handmade Gelato is produced with the best raw materials available in the market. High-quality milk and cream together with organic fresh eggs, white-cane sugar, cocoa, raw chocolate, Italian hazelnuts and natural pistachio. In addition, we use the great local fruits of Bali, the exciting natural aromas of vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and coffee with its aromatic notes. With these ingredients, we are able to offer excellence.
- Our Handmade Gelato has a low fat content—fruit water ices naturally have no fat.
- We do not use artificial aromas or food colourings. Preservatives are absolutely prohibited.
- Our Handmade Gelato follows raw-material recipes and procedures for production, storage, and sales that are all strictly documented and adhered to, ensuring the highest level of quality control.
- In addition, we include the essential ingredient: Passion.
Their bisquits are amazing too. I love the almond biscuits that they serve with the ginger tea at the restaurant.Check out all the yummy flavors which changes daily because they are made fresh, depending on the available fresh ingredients.Each time we came in, we were always welcomed with smiling Gaya Gelato staff.We like ordering 2 scoops each in separate containers so we could taste each flavor. They are super nice about letting you have a taste of the flavors to be able to decide. Our favorites are Bali Chocolate and espresso. For the fruity ones we like coconut and mixed berry. I hear the spiced chocolate is good as well.
Our unforgettable discovery, chocolate meringue (left) that has chocolate chips inside, and the one that got away, that super chocolatey looking one the right. If I do get a chance to go back to Ubud, I am definitely buying some!
I felt so bad because when I went back to buy more chocolate meringue they were all out except for a bag. So if you ever find these babies in Gaya Gelato, I say go for it! It goes really well with tea.
We cannot forget the kindness of Massimo and his team. You can really feel their passion for what they are doing when you enter the restaurant. We hope to see him again in the future and have a taste of that wonderful Gelato again. I’ve read many blogs about Gaya Gelato and many agree that it’s the best gelato in Bali and some even say it’s the best in Asia. How awesome is that?
- Jl. Raya Sayan, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia 80571
- Phone: +62 (0) 361 979252 / 979253
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gaya gelato delivers within Ubud
- Like Gaya Gelato on Facebook
More photos below from Gaya’s Facebook page…Drool some more!