I know I said yesterday I was continuing with the story of my adventure with Ambeth Ocampo and the Adventure Gang but today was so buys (and I’m sick again) that I wasn’t able to do it yet. In the meantime enjoy my posts about Yogyakarta….
When we arrived in Yogyakarta during the first week of March 2011 we were picked up by a massive Van from the hotel. There were 6 of us and we fit comfortably with our luggage in the back. It was an unusually long walk to the parking of the van and we had to walk through a tunnel. In previous visits the service car usually parked much nearer than this.
I didn’t know what to expect of Phoenix hotel except that according to Tripadvisor it is ranked #2 among all Yogyakarta hotels and for business trips it is ranked #1. If you wanna know Amanjiwo, of Aman group fame (same group of hotels as world-renowned Amanpulo Palawan Philippines), is ranked #1. It’s definitely way out of the budget though (800 USD/night or around 400 USD with diplomatic discount).
When we asked the driver about where to go, etc. he cam well prepared – with an entire folder of useful information in fact! This OC girl loved it! This is my fourth visit to Yogya and never had I encountered such a thorough pack for a tourist. It had list of places to visit, map of Yogya, fact sheets, activities/promos in the hotel, rates, and so much more!
They also gave us discount coupons for their spa and boutique! What a great way to start our trip! I’ve so much to share about the wonderful hotel and Yogya that I am overwhelmed so I’ll post it in bite-sized pieces:
- Historical Phoenix Hotel Yogyakarta
- Our room in Phoenix Hotel Yogyakarta
- Friday Sate Buffet – Phoenix Hotel Yogyakarta
- Breakfast Buffet – Phoenix Hotel Yogyakarta
- High Tea & King Prawn Specials at at Phoenix Hotel Yogyakarta
- Pedi Spa at My Spa – Phoenix Hotel Yogyakarta
- Shopping in Yogyakarta
- Art shopping in Yogyakarta
- Seafood at Ikan Bakar Jimbaran
- Dessert at Villa Hanis Restaurant
- Spicy grilled ribs at Warung Cow Mad
A Member of the MGallery Collection
- Jl. Jend. Sudirman No. 9, Yogyakarta, INDONESIA – 55283
- Phone: +62-274-566617
- Fax: +62-274-558363
- Email: email@example.com